Terms and conditions
Please read all these terms and conditions.
As we can accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with. If you are not sure about anything, just phone us on 0191 4603262.
- These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the goods by you (the Customer or
you). We are Shelley Louise Candles & More Ltd whose trading name is Shelley Louise Design
a company registered in England and Wales under number 08948666 whose registered office is at Dunston Small
Business Centre, Staithes Road, Dunston, Tyne & Wear, NE11 9DR with email address
email@example.com; telephone number 0191 4603262; (the Supplier or
us or we).
- These are the terms on which we sell all Goods to you. By ordering any of the Goods, you agree to be bound by
these Terms and Conditions. Before placing an order on the Website, you will be asked to agree to these Terms
and Conditions by clicking on the button marked ‘I Accept’. If you do not click on the button, you will not be
able to complete your Order. You can only purchase the Goods from the Website if you are eligible to enter into
a contract and are at least 18 years old.
- Consumer means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside his or her
trade, business, craft or profession;
- Contract means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the Goods;
- Delivery Location means the Supplier’s premises or other location where the Goods are to be
supplied, as set out in the Order;
- Durable Medium means paper or email, or any other medium that allows information to be
addressed personally to the recipient, enables the recipient to store the information in a way accessible for
future reference for a period that is long enough for the purposes of the information, and allows the unchanged
reproduction of the information stored;
- Goods means the goods advertised on the Website that we supply to you of the number and
description as set out in the Order;
- Order means the Customer’s order for the Goods from the Supplier as submitted following the
step by step process set out on the Website;
information received from you via the Website;
- Website means our website www.shelleylouisedesign.co.uk on which the Goods are advertised.
- The description of the Goods is as set out in the Website, catalogues, brochures or other form of advertisement.
Any description is for illustrative purposes only and there may be small discrepancies in the size and colour of
the Goods supplied.
- In the case of any Goods made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any
information or specification you provide is accurate.
- All Goods which appear on the Website are subject to availability.
- We can make changes to the Goods which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement. We
will notify you of these changes.
- We may contact you by using e-mail or other electronic communication methods and by pre-paid post and you
expressly agree to this.
Basis of Sale
- The description of the Goods in our website does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Goods. When an
Order has been submitted on the Website, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try to tell you the
reason without delay.
- The Order process is set out on the Website. Each step allows you to check and amend any errors before
submitting the Order. It is your responsibility to check that you have used the ordering process correctly.
- A Contract will be formed for the sale of Goods ordered only when you receive an email from us confirming the
Order (Order Confirmation). You must ensure that the Order Confirmation is complete and
accurate and inform us immediately of any errors. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the Order
placed by you. By placing an Order you agree to us giving you confirmation of the Contract by means of an email
with all information in it (ie the Order Confirmation). You will receive the Order Confirmation within a
reasonable time after making the Contract, but in any event not later than the delivery of any Goods supplied
under the Contract.
- Any quotation is valid for a maximum period of 1 day from its date, unless we expressly withdraw it at an
- No variation of the Contract, whether about description of the Goods, Fees or otherwise, can be made after it
has been entered into unless the variation is agreed by the Customer and the Supplier in writing.
- We intend that these Terms and Conditions apply only to a Contract entered into by you as a Consumer. If this is
not the case, you must tell us, so that we can provide you with a different contract with terms which are more
appropriate for you and which might, in some respects, be better for you, eg by giving you rights as a business.
Price and Payment
- The price of the Goods and any additional delivery or other charges is that set out on the Website at the date
of the Order or such other price as we may agree in writing.
- Prices and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order.
- You must pay by submitting your credit or debit card details with your Order and we can take payment immediately
or otherwise before delivery of the Goods.
- We will deliver the Goods, to the Delivery Location by the time or within the agreed period or, failing any
agreement, without undue delay and, in any event, not more than 30 days after the day on which the Contract is
- In any case, regardless of events beyond our control, if we do not deliver the Goods on time, you can (in
addition to any other remedies) treat the Contract at an end if:
- we have refused to deliver the Goods, or if delivery on time is essential taking into account all the
relevant circumstances at the time the Contract was made, or you said to us before the Contract was made
that delivery on time was essential; or
- after we have failed to deliver on time, you have specified a later period which is appropriate to the
circumstances and we have not delivered within that period.
- If you treat the Contract at an end, we will (in addition to other remedies) promptly return all payments made
under the Contract.
- If you were entitled to treat the Contract at an end, but do not do so, you are not prevented from cancelling
the Order for any Goods or rejecting Goods that have been delivered and, if you do this, we will (in addition to
other remedies) without delay return all payments made under the Contract for any such cancelled or rejected
Goods. If the Goods have been delivered, you must return them to us or allow us to collect them from you and we
will pay the costs of this.
- If any Goods form a commercial unit (a unit is a commercial unit if division of the unit would materially impair
the value of the goods or the character of the unit) you cannot cancel or reject the Order for some of those
Goods without also cancelling or rejecting the Order for the rest of them.
- We do not generally deliver to addresses outside England and Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man
and Channels Islands. If, however, we accept an Order for delivery outside that area, you may need to pay import
duties or other taxes, as we will not pay them.
- You agree we may deliver the Goods in instalments if we suffer a shortage of stock or other genuine and fair
reason, subject to the above provisions and provided you are not liable for extra charges.
- If you or your nominee fail, through no fault of ours, to take delivery of the Goods at the Delivery Location,
we may charge the reasonable costs of storing and redelivering them.
- The Goods will become your responsibility from the completion of delivery or Customer collection. You must, if
reasonably practicable, examine the Goods before accepting them.
Risk and Title
- Risk of damage to, or loss of, any Goods will pass to you when the Goods are delivered to you.
- You do not own the Goods until we have received payment in full. If full payment is overdue or a step occurs
towards your bankruptcy, we can choose, by notice to cancel any delivery and end any right to use the Goods
still owned by you, in which case you must return them or allow us to collect them.
Withdrawal and cancellation
- You can withdraw the Order by telling us before the Contract is made, if you simply wish to change your mind and
without giving us a reason, and without incurring any liability.
- You can cancel the Contract except for any Goods which are made to your special requirements (the Returns
Right) by telling us no later than 14 calendar days from the day the Contract was entered into, if you
simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without liability, except in that case, you
must return to any of our business premises the Goods in undamaged condition at your own expense. Then we must
without delay refund to you the price for those Goods which have been paid for in advance, but we can retain any
separate delivery charge. This does not affect your rights when the reason for the cancellation is any defective
Goods. This Returns Right is different and separate from the Cancellation Rights below.
- This is a distance contract (as defined below) which has the cancellation rights (Cancellation
Rights) set out below. These Cancellation Rights, however, do not apply, to a contract for the
following goods (with no others) in the following circumstances:
- goods that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised;
- goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
- Also, the Cancellation Rights for a Contract cease to be available in the following circumstances:
- in the case of any sales contract, if the goods become mixed inseparably (according to their nature)
with other items after delivery.
Right to cancel
- Subject as stated in these Terms and Conditions, you can cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any
- The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party, other
than the carrier indicated by you, acquires physical possession of the last of the Goods. In a contract for the
supply of goods over time (ie subscriptions), the right to cancel will be 14 days after the first delivery.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this Contract by a clear
statement setting out your decision (eg a letter sent by post, fax or email). You can use the attached model
cancellation form, but it is not obligatory. In any event, you must be able to show clear evidence of when the
cancellation was made, so you may decide to use the model cancellation form.
- You can also electronically fill in and submit the model cancellation form or any other clear statement of the
Customer’s decision to cancel the Contract on our website www.shelleylouisedesign.co.uk. If you use this option,
we will communicate to you an acknowledgement of receipt of such a cancellation in a Durable Medium (eg by
email) without delay.
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise
of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation in the cancellation period
- Except as set out below, if you cancel this Contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you,
including the costs of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery
other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
Deduction for Goods supplied
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any Goods supplied, if the loss is the
result of unnecessary handling by you (ie handling the Goods beyond what is necessary to establish the nature,
characteristics and functioning of the Goods: eg it goes beyond the sort of handling that might be reasonably
allowed in a shop). This is because you are liable for that loss and, if that deduction is not made, you must
pay us the amount of that loss.
Timing of reimbursement
- If we have not offered to collect the Goods, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later
- 14 days after the day we receive back from you any Goods supplied, or
- (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have sent back the Goods.
- If we have offered to collect the Goods or if no Goods were supplied, we will make the reimbursement without
undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless
you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- If you have received Goods in connection with the Contract which you have cancelled, you must send back the
Goods or hand them over to us at Dunston Small Business Centre, Staithes Road, Dunston, Tyne & Wear, NE11
9DR without delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate to us your
cancellation of this Contract. The deadline is met if you send back the Goods before the period of 14 days has
expired. You agree that you will have to bear the cost of returning the Goods.
- For the purposes of these Cancellation Rights, these words have the following meanings:
- distance contract means a contract concluded between a trader and a consumer under an
organised distance sales or service-provision scheme without the simultaneous physical presence of the
trader and the consumer, with the exclusive use of one or more means of distance communication up to and
including the time at which the contract is concluded;
- sales contract means a contract under which a trader transfers or agrees to transfer
the ownership of goods to a consumer and the consumer pays or agrees to pay the price, including any
contract that has both goods and services as its object.
Conformity and Guarantee
- We have a legal duty to supply the Goods in conformity with the Contract, and will not have conformed if it does
not meet the following obligation.
- Upon delivery, the Goods will:
- be of satisfactory quality;
- be reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which you buy the Goods which, before the Contract is
made, you made known to us (unless you do not actually rely, or it is unreasonable for you to rely, on
our skill and judgment) and be fit for any purpose held out by us or set out in the Contract; and
- conform to their description.
- It is not a failure to conform if the failure has its origin in your materials.
- We will immediately, or within a reasonable time, give you the benefit of the free guarantee given by the
manufacturer of the Goods. Details of the guarantee, including the name and address of the manufacturer, the
duration and territorial scope of the guarantee, are set out in the manufacturer’s guarantee provided with the
Goods. This guarantee will take effect at the time the Goods are delivered, and will not reduce your legal
Successors and our sub-contractors
- Either party can transfer the benefit of this Contract to someone else, and will remain liable to the other for
its obligations under the Contract. The Supplier will be liable for the acts of any sub-contractors who it
chooses to help perform its duties.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
- In the event of any failure by a party because of something beyond its reasonable control:
- the party will advise the other party as soon as reasonably practicable; and
- the party’s obligations will be suspended so far as is reasonable, provided that that party will act
reasonably, and the party will not be liable for any failure which it could not reasonably avoid, but
this will not affect the Customer’s above rights relating to delivery and any right to cancel, below.
- Your privacy is critical to us. We respect your privacy and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation
with regard to your personal information.
- These Terms and Conditions should be read alongside, and are in addition to our policies, including our privacy
policy (https://shelleylouisedesign.co.uk/privacy-policy/) and cookies policy
- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
- ‘Data Protection Laws’ means any applicable law relating to the processing of Personal Data, including,
but not limited to the Directive 95/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR.
- ‘GDPR’ means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
- ‘Data Controller’, ‘Personal Data’ and ‘Processing’ shall have the same meaning as in the GDPR.
- We are a Data Controller of the Personal Data we Process in providing Goods to you.
- Where you supply Personal Data to us so we can provide Goods to you, and we Process that Personal Data in the
course of providing the Goods to you, we will comply with our obligations imposed by the Data Protection Laws:
- before or at the time of collecting Personal Data, we will identify the purposes for which information
is being collected;
- we will only Process Personal Data for the purposes identified;
- we will respect your rights in relation to your Personal Data; and
- we will implement technical and organisational measures to ensure your Personal Data is secure.
- For any enquiries or complaints regarding data privacy, you can contact director Shelley Watson at the following
e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Supplier does not exclude liability for: (i) any fraudulent act or omission; or (ii) for death or personal
injury caused by negligence or breach of the Supplier’s other legal obligations. Subject to this, the Supplier
is not liable for (i) loss which was not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the Contract
was made, or (ii) loss (eg loss of profit) to the Customer’s business, trade, craft or profession which would
not be suffered by a Consumer – because the Supplier believes the Customer is not buying the Goods wholly or
mainly for its business, trade, craft or profession.
Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints
- The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales.
- Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales or, where the Customer lives in
Scotland or Northern Ireland, in the courts of respectively Scotland or Northern Ireland.
- We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints in the following way: If a dispute occurs customers
should contact us to find a solution. We will aim to respond with an appropriate solution within 5 working days.
- These terms and conditions were created using a document from Rocket Lawyer (https://www.rocketlawyer.co.uk).
Model cancellation Form
Shelley Louise Candles & More Ltd
Dunston Small Business Centre
Dunston, Tyne & Wear
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 0191 4603262
I/We[*] hereby give notice that I/We [*] cancel my/our [*] contract of sale of the following goods [*] [for the supply of the following service [*], Ordered on [*]/received on [*]______________________(date received)
Name of consumer(s):
Address of consumer(s):
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper)
This legal document covers the content and acceptable usage of shelleylouisedesign.co.uk.By accessing this site you are acknowledging your agreement to these terms and conditions.
- You may only access our site for legal purposes. You may not use it to post, submit or transmit any material
that is; threatening, discriminatory, obscene, offensive, in breach of confidence or privacy, technically
harmful, fraudulent or interferes with the normal operation of the site. By using our site you are agreeing to
our legal usage terms. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not access our website.
viewed at View our Privacy
- The use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be
liable. It is your responsibility to ensure that any information, products or services that your purchase
through this website meet your specific requirements.
- All materials displayed or made available on our website, including, but not limited to, trademarks and logos,
graphics, documents, texts and images are owned or licensed to Shelley Louise Design or our suppliers, and are
protected by copyright laws. By using our site you agree that you will only access the content for your personal
and non-commercial use. No materials on this website may be reproduced, copied or transmitted without our
- Our website may contain third party links to other sites. Once you use these links to leave our site, we do not
have any control or responsibility for the content, or the privacy of the information you provide when visiting
- We may change, update, and terminate any of the content on our website. We have the right to makes these changes
without notice. We may also stop your access to any part or all of the services provided by us on the site at
any time, with or without cause or notice, and for any reason.
- We do not provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness,
suitability, pricing and availability of the information or products found on this website. You acknowledge that
such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any
such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence. Your use of
this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland
We may update our website terms and conditions from time to time. Please refer back to this page for any changes. You may direct any queries about our Terms & Conditions byemailing us at
firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on 0191 460 3262 (Please note Business Opening hours are between 9am-5pm Monday-Friday) you may also mail your query to us at Shelley Louise Design, Watson House, Staithes Road, Dunston, Tyne and Wear, NE11 9DR, United Kingdom.
- Our site is not intended for children. If you are under the age of 18 years you may only use our site with the
permission and involvement of a parent or guardian.
Delivery & Returns Policy
This document outlines the delivery and returns policies of:
Shelley Louise Design, Dunston Small Business Centre, Staithes Road, Dunston, Tyne and Wear, NE11 9DR, United Kingdom
0191 460 3262 (Please note Business Opening hours are between 9:30am-4pm Monday-Friday)
All Prices shown are excluding Postage & Packaging.
Shelley Louise Design has a range of delivery options available. When you have chosen the products you want to buy, the full delivery options and costs will be displayed.
We will endeavour to despatch all orders within 3 – 5 working days (day 1 – orders placed before 11am) on receipt of payment. Orders placed after 2pm Thursday may not be processed until the Monday. If we are unable to post your order out within this time we will inform you. Please see the delivery guidelines;
- Standard (under 2kg) Delivery £2.85 – 2nd Class Royal Mail
- Standard (over 2kg) Delivery £4.35 – 2nd Class Royal Mail
- Click & Collect (collection from Shelley Louise Design, NE11 9DR) – Free
- FREE UK shipping for orders over £70 (applied automatically)
*Please note the expected times are only set as a guideline by Royal Mail, this may take a little longer in busier periods.
If your order has not arrived within this specified timescale please email us and we can investigate this on your behalf.
Please note we only deliver our products to the United Kingdom, to enquire about a sale outside of this area please contact
If you have any queries about the delivery of your products or if it has not arrived,
please contact us on 0191 460 3262 (Please note Business Opening hours are between 9.30am-4pm Monday-Friday) or email us at email@example.com .
Every care is taken when packaging our products, customer satisfaction is our priority. If you have any problem with your purchase, please see the guidelines below:
- You can return any item bought (new and unused), within 14 working days of receiving your order and we will
gladly offer an exchange or credit-note to the full value of the return. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of
receipt for all returns including details of return reason and contact details.
- Any faulty/damaged goods will be refunded in full, including a refund of any delivery costs incurred by you for
receiving or returning the item. Damaged or faulty goods must be reported to us within 48 hours of delivery.
Please email a photograph of the damaged item, date of delivery and your details to email@example.com
- All items must be returned in unused, original condition with all original packaging and labelling. We will not
accept returns on opened, used items or perishable, personalised/made-to-order products, unless the item is
found to be faulty. The Customer is liable for the cost of postage on returned/exchanged goods.
- If you are returning the item due to an error made by us, we will also refund the delivery charges and costs
incurred to return the item to us.
- We cannot be held responsible for any losses caused as a result of any postal, courier or third party services
used when returning an item. We advise you use a recorded-delivery service for your protection.
- Returns are not accepted on any sale goods or discounted items.
Please send all returns to:
Shelley Louise Design
Dunston Small Business Centre
Tyne and Wear
If you have any questions about the delivery, return or exchange of goods, please contact us on 0191 460 3262 (Opening Hours 9:30am-4pm Monday-Friday) or by email on
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be more than happy to help.
SHELLEY LOUISE CANDLES & MORE LTD
Dunston Small Business Centre
Tyne and Wear